Riverfest is just around the corner! That means it’s time to nominate the 2015 Dawson Gnome! The Gnome committee is looking to the community to give them recommendations for the Dawson Gnome. The person you select to be honored should be someone who has served the community and his/her fellowmen in an exemplary way over the years, exerting a positive influence on the growth and well being of the community as a whole; as well as each individual member. He/she may have achieved a specific honor, but that is not the determining factor to become the honoree. Often our Gnome puts the service to others before personal gain or comfort and gives generously of time, talent and resources without compensation or recognition.
Nominations can be given to John Nevins or Jeanne Peterson at Dawson Co-op Credit Union or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make a new nomination by submitting a paragraph explaining why you feel your nomination should be chosen or by selecting one of the following previously nominated people.
Paul and Jolayne Hanson
DB ’11 State FB Champions
Dan and LuAnne Fondell
Sister Vivian Peterson
The Agape Singers
Russell and Larry Dahl
Brad and Melanie Benson
ALL nominations must include the your full name and contact info. Unsigned nominations will be discarded. Thank you for your help in selecting our 2015 Dawson Gnome!
The 2014 Riverfest Schedule of Events is ready!
Join the fun in Gnometown June 25th-29th !
We’re ready to celebrate WINTERFEST in Dawson!
– Keep looking for the Winterfest Medallion worth $100 in Bonus Bucks! Look for clues in the Dawson Sentinel and listen for additional clues on KLQP-FM “Q-92″ Radio!
– Saturday morning catch Bingo at the Senior Citizens Building from 9am-Noon!
– Taste Dawson at participating stores on Saturday from 10-Noon!
– And catch the 4th-7th Girls Basketball Tourney from 8:30am-5pm on Saturday!
– And don’t forget to check out the sales and specials in stores and enter to win $50 in Bonus Bucks at participating businesses!
– Sunday at 2pm, Dawson-Boyd Arts Association – Memorial Auditorium presents “Teacher from the Black Lagoon & Other Story Books”! A musical revue based on seven popular children’s books!
There will be a fundraiser with a meal and silent auction for Sarah Shurb on Thursday, February 6th, 2014 from 4:30-7:30pm at LqPV High School. . Sarah became very ill the first part of December and was in a local hospital for three days and then she was airlifted to the St. Cloud Hospital. Sarah has been in the St. Cloud Hospital (which is two hours from her home) for a month. Recently she was moved to a rehabilitation center (which is 2 ½ hours from her home) near St. Cloud, for rehab. She has been diagnosed with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome which is a rapidly developing, life-threatening condition in which the lung is injured to the point where it can’t properly do its job of moving air in and out of the blood. The fundraiser and silent auction will be held in conjunction with a high school girls basketball game (Sarah’s husband, John, is a coach and teaches @ Dawson-Boyd High School and Lac qui Parle Valley High School).